A bathroom is one of the first things a buyer will notice upon entering your home. You can make the space feel bigger with some simple design changes, even on the smaller side.
For example, paint or replace outdated tile and cabinets, shiny fixtures, power-flush toilets to increase efficiency, use matching hardware to spruce up the finish, update lighting for a new look, and revamp the shower to feel like an oasis.
This guide provides tips for remodeling your bath for resale. Take these additional steps to showcase your bathroom’s best features:
- Optimize space by removing bulky items that are infrequently used. For example, store out-of-season clothing in airtight containers or use stacked storage bins in a closet.
- Draw attention to flooring and wall tiles with contrasting colors. White tiles pop against a dark, patterned border or gray backdrop.
- Scalloped or wavy borders add dimension and interest if they coordinate with the floor tile.
- Texture draws the eye to specific areas in a room. For example, a textured wallpaper border makes a tiny bathroom feel big.
- Clear storage containers and shelves help you see what you have on hand without overwhelming the space with too many options.
- Use light colors and paint pops of color throughout the room for a more modern look that coordinates with the trend of “less is more.”
Remodeling Your Bathroom To Make It More Functional
To make your bathroom as functional as possible, consider these guidelines:
- A mirror reflects light and makes a room appear spacious.
- Eliminate overhead cabinets to create a minimalistic look that still provides storage options. If budget concerns, install floating shelves instead of expensive cabinets for an easy update that does not require a significant investment.
- Consider a glass vessel sink for a modern look that is also easy to clean. Another option is a pedestal sink.
- Use bright paint colors in small bathrooms to make the space feel vast. White is always a good base, but it is crucial to coordinate the shade with your color scheme and paint choices.
- Replace or repair existing faucets as necessary with the help of a plumbing professional. Use matching fixtures to make your bathroom feel more like a cohesive design.
- Upgrade lighting for added appeal and functionality. Recessed light is ideal because it provides additional illumination without taking up too much space.
- – Paint the door and trim in colors that coordinate with wall colors to create a cohesive design.
When it comes to your shower, consider these renovations:
- Replace old showerheads and valves for a more modern look and feel.
- Update tiles and other fixtures to coordinate with the rest of the bathroom design.
- Add a seat to improve functionality without sacrificing too much space.
- Refresh with tile paint or decorative borders.
- If you want to add a tub, consider a more profound style with jets for optimal relaxation and practicality.
- Use towels and decorative touches in coordinating colors to create a cohesive look.
- Add an accent wall behind the shower or tub to coordinate with your design theme if it is not already present in the room.
Why Minor Details Matter When You Are Remodeling
Houses on the market for less than three weeks sell faster and for more money. That is because buyers see taking ownership of a property as their best chance to make changes that reflect their preferences.
If potential home buyers enter your home, they will notice details like paint color, stylish accents, and updated fixtures. You want to make a good impression by keeping your bathroom up to date with the latest trends.
When it comes to selling a home, buyers want a space that reflects their lives and tastes. Instead of making extensive changes, use small touches like coordinating towels, scents, and art for a cohesive look.
Motivate buyers with updated lighting, flooring, and fixtures that are easy to clean.
- Keep storage containers in place until your home sells.
- Replace existing faucets with updated versions for a modern look.
- Add hanging towel bars or hooks for towels to keep them accessible yet off the floor.
- Do not paint over wallpaper borders to coordinate with existing wall colors.
- Consider changing the light fixtures or upgrading the lighting for a more modern touch.
- Refresh tiles with paint to remove old designs and create continuity throughout the bathroom.
- Use current color trends in decorating ideas to appeal to buyers. For example, pastels are popular, but you can coordinate them with bold shades for a cohesive color scheme.
- Add mirrors and accent lights to make your bathroom appear larger and brighter.
- Keep colors in the shower, tub, and sink consistently with the rest of your bathroom design.
- Refresh walls if they feel old or outdated by adding ceramic tiles or paint color to coordinate with the rest of the space.
- Consider open shelving for good storage but limited visual impact.
Before you sell your home, it is vital to get yourbathroom remodel project done so that buyers have an excellent impression. When people look at their potential new homes, they want them to be move-in ready.
If your bathroom is dated and full of character, it can detract from the rest of your home. If you’re going to sell fast and for more money, update your bathroom to improve your appearance.
Hiring A Professional Remodeling Company
You can save money and time. Companies price their bathroom remodeling projects based on the scope of work, so many will provide you with free estimates.
- Homeowners who try to do too much themselves often find that the project takes twice as long as they estimated it would, costing them more in the end. They may also make critical errors that cause additional damage to the room. In addition to hiring a remodeling company, you may need to get in touch with a plumbing company as well since they might be able to help with any leaks that might arise during a bathroom renovation.
- Professional help ensures that you get the bathroom of your dreams without having to do expensive touch-ups after everything is complete.
- Bathroom remodeling contractors are experts in bathroom design, so they will not lose existing plumbing or electrical systems when creating new ones.
- Make sure you hire a professional remodeling company to complete your bathroom update. You may also need the help of a plumber (you could check for an expert on https://cityplumbingandrooter.com/calabasas/ or other similar sites) to get all of these sorted and in good working order. Going with a team of experts will save time and money while getting the best results. Companies price their projects based on the scope of work to provide free quotes for you.
- When homeowners try to do a bathroom update themselves, it often takes twice as long as expected and costs more. In addition, errors they make can cause even more damage to the room.
- Bathroom remodelers are experts in bathroom design and will not lose any existing plumbing or electrical systems as they create a new one for you.
Hiring a team ensures that you get the bathroom of your dreams without having to do expensive touch-ups after the job is finished.
If you want to reduce costs and save time, hiring professional bathroom remodel companies is your best option. You will get the expertise and skills required in bathroom design and renovation, and rest easy knowing that they understand how to deal with existing systems in your home.